IBEW Local 117 JATC
NOTICE OF APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
For the Position of Inside Wireman (Electrician) Apprentice
For the Position of Installer Technician for Telecommunications Apprentice
The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) will open its application period for Electrician apprenticeship on Monday, January 8, 2018 through Friday, January 19, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Application hours will be extended to 7:00 p.m. on the following dates: Monday, January 8 and Tuesday, January 9 only. Applications may be picked up only during these periods at 765 Munshaw Lane, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. You must apply in person.
The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) will open its application period for Telecommunication Trainee apprenticeship on Monday, January 22, 2018 through Friday, February 2, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Application hours will be extended to 7:00 p.m. on the following dates: Monday, January 22 and Tuesday January 23 only. Applications may be picked up only during these periods at 765 Munshaw Lane, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. You must apply in person.
To meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- complete an application form.
- be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- show evidence of successful completion of: one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade.
- provide an official transcript for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted, if applicable.
- submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if they are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- qualify for interview using the electrical trade's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
- present evidence that they possess a valid driver's license / and current photo.
- have been a resident of the geographical jurisdiction of Local Union 117 (McHenry County and the Northern 9 townships of Kane County, Illinois for 12 months).
- supply an official copy of their birth certificate.
- speak, read and comprehend the English language.
- supply a copy of their originally issued or official duplicate Social Security Card.
- supply all documents in English or they must be translated by a certified translator.
- prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants will be required to pass a physical examination and a drug test as decided by the JATC.
- individuals who can verify (proper documentation required) that they have worked a minimum of eight-thousand (8000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade, do not need to meet the requirements of items (3) and (4).
- individuals who have worked a minimum of eight-thousand (8,000) hours as a Residential Wireman under an IBEW/NECA local Collective Bargaining Agreement (proper documentation required), do not need to meet the requirements of items (3) and (4).
- individuals who have completed at least 3 years of related instruction and 4,500 hours of OJT as indentured apprentices in a properly registered electrical construction apprenticeship program not sponsored by IBEW/NECA (proper documentation required), do not need to meet the requirements of items (3)and (4).
- the first 100 applicants who meet all basic requirements will be considered by the committee; as the demand for apprentices increases, the pool will be increased proportionately.
Applicants who meet all basic requirements will be interview by the JATC. Apprentices will be selected in order of their final ranking.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years of age or older. IBEW Local 117 JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate as required under 29 CFR part 30.